SOCIAL MEDIA

Some Re-organization and a Layout

11.29.2019

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We opted to stay home this year due to lots of different reasons - mostly being that our dog is still recovering from a surgery he had, we're experiencing some issues with vehicles and we actually ended up getting a foot of snow right before Thanksgiving and will actually be getting more starting tomorrow evening.
Since I had some time off of work I challenged myself to get some organizing done in my craft room. I ended up taking apart all of my Ali Edwards StoryKits. I now have them organized not by kit theme (as I had in the past) but rather now all elements are arranged in a storage tower of drawers in a way that makes sense to me according to how it is that I use the supplies. Now I can just pull out a drawer and see everything easily. I'm such a visual scrapbooker, I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner. I succeeded in my organization project and then was inspired to play a bit and had fun putting this page together.


It used lots of bits from Crate Paper, Bella Blvd, and AE StoryKits. The papers are from American Crafts and Simple Stories. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the word 'love' for my title and then at the last minute added the little bow on my 'us' with embroidery floss.


I was actually inspired to put this page together not only by re-acquainting myself with my supplies during my organization project but also by a layout that was featured on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine blog awhile back titled Rock the Beatles by Lisa Dickinson. As you can see I didn't add as many squares as she did in my grid but I did have fun adding little bits and pieces to each little square for some added interest.


Enjoy the rest of your Fall/Thanksgiving break if you still have a bit of time off. I'm back to work tomorrow though hope to spend some more time in my craft room over the weekend before things are officially back into the swing of things with school/dance/guitar lessons/etc. It's been so very nice to be home and relaxed for a couple days here with the family!

XO,

Jen