SOCIAL MEDIA

We Are Family Scrapbook Layout

10.23.2019

Last month's Story Kit theme from Ali Edwards Design Inc. was "family" and I have so very few photos from my childhood of all of us together that I knew that if I scrapped a page or two using any, that they wouldn't be the best quality and that I would just have to be okay with that.  Sure enough...this one is of my mom, dad and I and it is super grainy (even more so after I enlarged the photo) and only my dad is looking into the camera but you know what? It's kind of reflective of our family itself. Far from perfect, but here we are, despite it all.


I grew up with my mom and dad and have so many amazing memories. I truly have so much to be thankful for. I'm blessed beyond measure for sure. I knew without a  doubt that I was loved. They were incredibly intentional with how they raised me. I often feel as though I'm an only child just because my oldest half-sisters were rarely around when I was growing up (they lived with their mom and were already quite a bit older than I was) and then my little (full) sister was born when I was already in high school and shortly after I moved out of the house to go to college.


Fast forward to now and my mom has re-married and I now have a step-dad and have two step-brothers to add to the mix, which honestly, kind of feels like my little sister's family because she grew up with them being in the house where I was already an adult and well out of my mom's house living on my own. It's crazy. But not a day goes by where I don't think about how thankful I am for my start and how lucky I was to have both my mom and dad around. I never take it for granted that I was able to establish a true parent-child relationship with them both. None of my other siblings were able to experience that.


This kit and the family theme helped me to get some of these sentiments down on to a page and for that I'm thankful.


It's a far from perfect layout due to the photo quality, but I love it.


XO,

Jen