SOCIAL MEDIA

Creative Space Re-Visited

1.09.2011
Creative Space

Yesterday I spent half the day reorganizing, cleaning and purging my craft nook.  It was totally unplanned and I made a bigger mess than I originally had in the process but the end result left me smiling and happy and wanting to create!  Thought I'd share a bit of what my space looks like.  Mind you, it's teeny tiny (approximately 8 x 10 feet) and is essentially a nook that is off our living room.  I love it though.  I love the natural light and love that everything that I have is literally at an arms reach and I love that I have to be selective with my supplies.  There is no room for excess. And I also love the challenge of creating a space that looks a little bit pretty while being functional. 

Here is the view that you would see facing from the living room to my nook.  The small wooden hutch in front of my desk is a desk that I picked up for Zoey at a local antique store.  I love that it mimics the look of my hutch while creating a space for Zoey right next to mine.

Creative Space

Here is a peek behind my desk...the wooden rack on the wall was a piece that I got from a bakery that I used to work at.  It's original purpose was to hold plates but I use it for storing blank chipboard albums, Luminarte misters and watercolor paints.

Desk

The scale was also something that I got from the same bakery...the tray on top holds some of my recent notions and bits for scrapbooking.  I lined the glass door of the black storage unit with some of my favorite paper.

Standing Organizer

Creative Space

Here's a shot of my hutch which is plum full of more supplies!  The shelves that you can see I filled mason jars with goodies and then inside the drawers and places that you can't see I have filled with more boring things like adhesives, small tools, small paper scraps, etc.

Hutch

At the foot of my hutch is a big basket filled with papers from kit clubs for my design team work.

Kit Club Papers

An old coco-cola tray is perfect for storing my paints...an old wire mail basket holds my punches.

Punch and Paint Storage

A boring but functional paper rack holds my papers from Creative Imaginations. 

Creative Imaginations Paper

On top of my desk are jars full of buttons and some muffin tins filled with recent favorites.

Notions

A hanging kitchen basket holds paper borders, flowers and tags.

Misc.

A paper towel holder serves as storage for some favorite trims with a cigar box on the top holding blank cards and envelopes.

Favorite Trims

A very boring shot but this is what is underneath my desk...more paper, clear acrylic stamps, chipboard pieces, gems, brads, pearls and other random things.

Hiding Under my Desk - More Paper, Idea Books, Clear Stamps

Here is a plain old bookcase that I use for storage of more supplies. 

Shelf Storage

Sewing Machine, Misters, Paint, Blank Books, etc.

And another shot of my hutch...my favorite part of my work space!

Hutch

Thanks for looking!
 
post signature
betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Oh I love your space Jennifer! It reminds me so much of my own - and you've inspired me to give it a good cleaning!

DebW said...

great space Jen, and I love that Zoey has a desk of her own!

Murphy's Law said...

what an awesome space. you're welcome to come do mine. lol!

Diana Waite said...

this space is SO cozy and ORGANIZED! I LOVE to look at other's scrap spaces--WTG!!

Vicky said...

Now that's a creative space! Love it, and Zoey's desk is so cute. Great idea with putting papers in baskets, it's so easy to see.

Deanna Dark said...

Thanks for the peak into your creative corner! Zoey is sure to be inspired by your talent.

Sharyn said...

Thanks Jenn, this space looks fab even for a small one and you have given me so great ideas too!

Sarah said...

What a great space! So cozy, but so inviting to create! Doesn't it feel good to clean up and sort? I need to do that to my scrap space soooo bad. I think you've inspired me! :)

Kerry McKibbins said...

I am SOOOO envious of you and your space!!!! Looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Great space!!! I NEED to clean mine so bad! I'm dreaming of a room someday....