Orange Chicken and Rice Bake

4.20.2010

Orange Chicken and Rice Bake

Mmmmm! I tried out this recipe the other night and was pleased with how it turned out and promised my mom that I would share it. The only change that I made with the recipe was that I substituted Quorn Chik'N Tenders meat substitute in place of the chicken and it turned out just fine. For the life of me I cannot remember where it is that I found this recipe...but I found it in my recipe binder the other night and decided to give it a try.

1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used reduced fat cream of mushroom)
1 cup milk
3/4 cup un-cooked long grain white rice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups mixture of red and green pepper strips (I used yellow and green peppers)
4 boneless chicken breasts (or meat substitute Quorn products)
1 Tbsp fresh parsley

  • Set 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate aside
  • Mix soup, remaining juice, milk, rice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow 2 quart baking dish; spread evenly with vegetables
  • Top with chicken, sprinkle with parsley and cover
  • Bake at 400 degrees F until chicken and rice are done, about 50 minutes, remove cover and brush chicken with remaining reserved orange juice and broil until golden (about 5 minutes), stir before serving
post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Patty said...

This sounds delicious (made with chicken of course!). I'm going to have to try it!

anniebakes said...

that sounds delicious! if you get a chance today, stop by for a drink, I'm making bloody marys', anne

www.anniebakes.net

chicken-rice-recipe said...

good looking.
I hope i make its .

it 's a Delicious.

thank you so much :)