A Quote

2.03.2009

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. - Mahatma Gandhi

I read this on Ali's blog this morning and it really struck a chord.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Susan Beth said...

And since you are fearfully and wonderfully made, your creator will be sure that you can do all that you need to do. Isn't that a wonder!

Nat said...

what a great quote. I think I needed this today..thank you!!!

Stacey Michaud said...

Thanks for sharing that! Important to remember and really, very true!

Anne Thompson said...

Wow, that is inspiring. Very true.

Scrapper Mom said...

I definitely believe that attitude is a very powerful thing. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Patty S said...

i try to say that to myself all the time... kind of like 'what you put out into the universe you will get back' (yes, i am reading 'the secret' LOL). so, if i get the thought in my head that 'i can't do that' or 'i'm not good enough to do that', i try to stop that thought and say instead, 'who says i can't do that' - i need to try it and think positive thoughts rather than negative.
tfs that great quote - it's one of my favorties (up there with henry ford "whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right)
have a great weekend!
patty :-)