SOCIAL MEDIA

Holiday Cocoa & Treat Bags

11.20.2008


Just thought I'd share a super easy trick to make some super cute and festive goodies to give for those little, last minute gift ideas that always seem to creep up on us around the holiday season. This was actually what I came up with for our most recent MOP's project and I have to admit that there was a part of me that was selfish in this choice as I wanted to have some of them for myself for holiday gift giving.

Cocoa mixes were on sale here this week so I loaded up on several boxes of the ones sold in individual packets and found some small zip-lock baggies at my local dollar store, as well as the peppermint candies. I simply opened each packet of cocoa and poured contents into each baggie, pushed the air out of each baggie, sealed and covered the top with patterned paper that was adhesive backed, folded and then stapled (with colored staples) to secure. Then I embellished however I saw fit with scalloped circles, stamps, ribbons, etc! All the stamps that I used here are by Hero Arts.

A super fun and easy way to get started on your holiday crafting and now I can rest easy knowing that I'll have something for those last minute "extras" that need giving!
betsy (pharmgirl) said...

oh my gosh - those are the cutest things EVER!

Linda Beeson said...

I am having so much fun finding the adorable little gifts that others are creating and sharing on their blogs! CUTE stuff!!!

vtpuggirl said...

Super cute! Love this project!

Stacey Michaud said...

I soo love these! Super cute idea!

DebW said...

Good stuff Jen! Love those cards!

Jen Martakis said...

I LOVE these!! Super cute!

Anne Thompson said...

I LOVE this sooo much! Thanx for sharing, I am soooooo going to make a bunch of these up!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! These are so cute :)