SOCIAL MEDIA

Zoey's Fairy Garden Birthday Party

7.20.2013


Here is the birthday party post!  There are a ton of photos so I'm going to try and keep it short and sweet because you will be able to get the drift mostly by viewing the photos...above are the invites which I used cardstock and some glittered scrapbook paper to create.  I printed the fairies here.  The flowered boxes were in the party favor bags which I found at our dollar store complete with little pencils and I added little animal pencil sharpeners inside.  The cover was a photo frame so I printed a fairy for each one and tucked it inside for a special "fairy notes" gift so each girl could go home and write special notes to the fairies if they wish.  Also inside the favor bags were two little containers of sparkly shaped confetti, some wild strawberry fruit snacks and the girls also got some flowered hair clips, and got to take home their crafts that they made at the party.


Here are the things that I prepared for the party.  A frame that was given to me...Zoey and I decorated it with twigs from the woods and silk flowers and butterflies that we found at the dollar store.  I got the vases at the dollar store as well and decorated them to match. You can see that the favor bags were just brown bags that I added raffia to and some butterflies.  The little jars in front of the vases are for making magical fairy dust and I found those at the dollar store as well.  I spent $33 at our dollar store!!


Zoey and I got twigs from the woods for the vases and I cut out some fairies using my Silhouette Cameo die-cutting machine and then put a letter sticker on each one so each girl would know what vase was theirs when they did their flower arranging activity.



I picked up bubble wands from Wal-Mart (they were 99 cents each) and then decorated them to match the party theme as well.


The fairy wings I bought online off of Amazon and I think I spend around $23 for them and I decorated them to match the party as well.



I printed off a poem "The Fairy Ring" from here and wrapped them with raffia and had a bead with the first letter of each girls' name on it and they took one home when leaving.


These are the hair clips that I made for the girls...




I picked up two spray bottles of body glitter for the girls...one gold and the other silver.


I picked up an assortment of beads for a necklace making activity.


Here are the jars of colored sand for the magical fairy dust activity.


Here is the sign that I printed for the fairy dust table.  The frame was from the dollar store!





Here is the sign that was for the flower arranging table...


I bought the fairies at a local floral/greenhouse and they were probably the most expensive part of the party.  The stones and shells as well as the planters were found at the dollar store!




Here is the sign that I had printed off for the fairy garden making activity table.



I blew up red balloons and put white circles on them using cardstock and tape to be toadstools.  I had inserted little tasks inside of each one so that as the girls arrived they had to find a toadstool and then retrieve their task (pop their balloon!) and carry it out to earn their wings and get sprinkled with fairy dust (the body glitter).  It was so fun and served as a great ice breaker!  The tasks were things like: dance through the garden, tell a friend something you admire about them, share something you are good at with one friend, etc.



Here is a shot of the favor table...






I got some Zoey shots before everyone arrived...




Here is the fairy garden making table...






And the magical fairy dust table...



The flower arranging table...



TIP: If you ask your local grocer's floral department at the end of the day for the flowers that didn't sell they might give you a great discount!!









I put down some quilts for the girls to "pop" their toadstools on so they wouldn't get too dirty!


Here is the photo frame that I made which I am so happy that I did!!  It really made for some easy and CUTE photos!  The woods in the background were perfect for this party!

















The rest of the photos are pretty self-explanatory now that you know what we all did...




















The toadstools are sting cheese and the tops are halved cherry tomatoes.  The hedgehogs are do-nut balls that I dipped half in chocolate and then in sprinkles.  I used sprinkles for the faces too.


Mini veggie wands...


Butterfly fruit wands...


Fruit Yogurt Tart-lets...


Sandwiches were cut out in the shape of flowers...





























Zoey and I had made the cupcakes the night before.  They were pink lemonade and lime.  YUM!














What a great birthday!  It was a bit of work and planning but it really paid off and the girls had so much fun!  I did everything as inexpensive as possible too which meant a bit more work but it was so worth it...Zoey loved it and I had fun working on this for her and sharing the day with her special friends.  I hope I get to plan a many more parties for her!! 


post signature