SOCIAL MEDIA

Here They Are...

10.24.2010
Last week one day after school Zoey and I carved our jack 'o lanterns...she helped me scoop out all the insides of the pumpkins and gave some artistic instruction on what kind of faces they should have and then promptly left me to go ride bike while I finished up. This is what we ended up with when (I) finished.  Just so you know too, by the time I got to the last one (on the far right) I was tired and cold and feeling a wee bit annoyed that I was the only one taking part in this activity...hence the very simplistic features.  I shared with Zoey that I had intended for that one to be a ghost and she was satisfied.

Jack-o-lantern's for 2010

Also last week I started volunteering in Zoey's classroom and had lots of fun.  I'll be helping out with issuing the weekly spelling test's with another mom for the rest of the year.  It's nice to have Zoey want me to be there and to also get a feel of what it is that her day looks like for the other day's when I am away.  I'm realizing that I need to take advantage of all these little things that she still needs and wants me around for while I still have the chance.  She is growing up way too fast these days.

This weekend was a lazy one here...we all three stayed home and were cozy for the most part.  We played lots of board games, like Pengoloo, Hi-Ho Cherry-O and The Uncle Wiggly Game.  Zoey and I also played school and made some special Halloween cupcakes complete with lots and lots of sprinkles.  We also made a trip to the bookstore where I picked up Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindgvist and The View From Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik.  Zoey picked out the second in the series of Ivy and Bean books.  Ethan and I rented and watched the movie Leaves of Grass and were pleased to have spent the time watching something that turned out to be so genuinely thoughtful.  We had some nice conversation afterwords which always feels good too.  I also started working on some of my Christmas list items.  I'm getting excited about starting to think of what to get Zoey this year and today I started in on my December Daily album (that Ali Edwards does every year).  I missed creating mine last year and was bummed that I didn't take/have the time to create it so wanted to make it a priority this year.  I'm using some fun new papers that I got while I was visiting my in-laws in Appleton.  It was a great weekend and I'm ready to gear up for the busy week ahead now because of it. 

post signature
Patty said...

Cute pumpkins Jen! Wow! Sounds like you have a plate full and are very busy! I LOVE your new header :)

Vicky said...

I like the ghosty one best! Just saw the Ali Edwards Christmas album this week on someone's blog. It looks like a lot of fun, thought of doing it myself :)