SOCIAL MEDIA

Thank Goodness She is Getting Better (+ a Layout)

2.19.2010
So yesterday was scary. Zoey's fever was not going down and she was literally falling asleep/ready to pass out while standing up when we were at Walgreens waiting for her prescription to be filled. The second I would pick her up she would just go limp. Being that this was the fourth day of this and that she wasn't eating and was drinking very little fluids I freaked out and called Ethan to come home from work because I just couldn't deal with it anymore and wasn't sure what to do. Called the dr. again and he said to just go ahead with the med's and to see what happens. She took the first dose fine along with some Tylenol and she slept for four hours, was awake for maybe one hour last night and slept the entire night and well into the morning. She woke up this morning drank a ton of juice and took her second dose of med's and threw everything up (sorry). I started freaking out again thinking she had the H1N1 deal and then calmed myself down thinking that she had an empty stomach (hadn't eaten very much of anything solid for the past three days) and the medicine was probably strong, etc.). Sure enough. By lunchtime today she has now eaten a big bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup, drank some apple juice and has even had some CHOCOLATE PUDDING and has kept it all down! Hallelujah! This has been the longest week of my life! In the course of the last five days she has had a sore throat, fever (lasting all of the days but one), body aches, chills, has vomited, had no appetite and has had the worst cough ever. Talk about being put through the ringer!

Speaking of which...while she was sleeping this week I had a bit of time to scrap and all I could think of was how much I wanted her to be up and playing again...how more than anything I wanted that little girl asking, "Can I go outside and play mom?" or "Mom will you play with me?" so that was my inspiration for the layout below. Hoping we are out playing again real, real, soon. I love you Zoey Raen!

Loves to Play

Loves to Play

post signature

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Beautiful layout!
So glad she is starting to mend, it is always so hard when they are down and we can't fix them :)

Linda said...

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better. Your layout is very pretty, I love those colors together.

Kim Faucher said...

so sorry she is feeling sick... its so hard when they get fevers.. sleep is the best though!
Great page.. love those gorgeous colors!

Marlene said...

It's awful when our kids are sick. :( I remember those days all to well. Glad she is feeling better.

That is a FANTASTIC layout!! Beautiful, bright & cheery!

Unknown said...

ahhh how scary! I am glad she is getting some food down:) Hope she is oon the mend and what a lovely layout!

Patty S said...

i HATE when they get sick like that. so glad zoey is on the mend.
:-)

Sarah said...

So glad to hear Zoey is feeling better. It is so scary when your child is really sick. I love the layout too. I love the title the most! Very cute!

Vicky said...

There's just nothing worse than when our child is sick :( Glad she's feeling better! and it sounds like you did good :)

Great layout with lovely colors!

Lydia said...

Sorry that she is feeling sick, but I love your layout and that heart banner is adorable!

Sue from Oregon said...

scary when little ones are so sick...hope these last few days she is well on her way to being recovered!

Unknown said...

I forgot how good red & turqoise go together this is a super LO and even better yr little one is feeling better

Love Dawn xx

Linda Beeson said...

Very adorable! LOVE that little banner.