Just a Drive-By Post!

2.26.2009

Time for Me

Zoey's still not feeling the best here, not good at all actually...lots of laundry washing here the past few days (that including the washing and re-washing of two special lovies). Lots of snuggling and stories and just chilling going on.

The layout above was a quick one that I had started originally thinking that it would be for a challenge over at Scrapbook Circle. My idea for the layout changed while I was sitting down working on it and then it didn't really fit the challenge anymore, but that's alright...perhaps now I can create one using my March Kit for the challenge...now that it did arrive at my door today! That's the good news, that and that Zoey's napping...but, the dilemma is now that I am smack dab in the middle of reading a FABULOUS book! What do I do? Scrapbook or read? The book is titled Keeping the House by Ellen Baker and I am just beyond smitten with this woman's writing, the storyline and the quotes included before many of the chapters that are from issues of Good Housekeeping and the Ladies Home Journal from the 1930's are quite the hoot! Really explores female roles and quite a bit about sacrifice, dreams and relationships, etc. It's a beauty. And, it takes place in communities throughout Wisconsin nonetheless! Quite a few that are close to where I am actually, so that's pretty neat too. It's been awhile since I've read a book and not wanted to set it down, even passing up scrapping over it...that says something!

And then, a totally random photo taken this past Fall while on one of our hikes that I don't think I've shared...it makes me so happy just looking at it and I just had to post it! Thinking about how Zoey probably will not be fitting in that stroller again come this Spring...

In the Woods

I'd share more but I'm tired and need a bit of a mommy break...I'm off to read. Or scrap... =)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Nat said...

Abhh- such a wonderful layout! Love tea too. And the photo makes happy!11

Anna-Marie Still said...

Love the layout - and the teacup - oh my! where did you get that gem? so sweet with the bird on a branch! I bet your tea tastes yummiest from that cup!

AndiMae said...

01. I really really love your layout.

02. I am so sorry to hear that Miss Zoey has been sick! Elliot went through the same thing earlier this week and I think I did 6 loads of laundry one day- two with just his special blankie in them :)

03. How is your grandma doing? I've been praying for her!

xo

Linda Rodriguez said...

Another tea lover here! And what a great layout - thanks for sharing. :) And thanks also for the book recommendation - sounds like something I would like to read. :)

Anne Thompson said...

That is such a gorgeous LO! That tea cup is beautiful! I would take plenty of time for myself if I had that cup!!!!

Marie Levite said...

Your page is great. I happen to be enjoying a cup of tea right now! I love to unwind with a cup after work.

That photo is AMAZING! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Patty S said...

see - you could benefit from my clone idea - then you could read, scrap and be a mom all at the same time. i always say i want to clone myself!!! LOL
what a beautiful picture. i can almost smell the air :-)
your LO is gorgeous, btw!
hope your little zoey is better soon.
patty :-)

A Fanciful Life said...

Another shout out for that birdy tea cup here. Very nice - bird items are very "in" but how could you ever go wrong with nature?

Sharon

Queen of Paper said...

You have such a fun blog! I love it and I'll be back!

milkcan said...

Um...I love this layout soooo much! Just gorgeous!

Linda Beeson said...

I missed this layout and I just had to comment! LOVE the way you did the title! Might have to lift your idea!