SOCIAL MEDIA

Memory Book Class

6.25.2008


I enjoyed teaching my first Memory Book class last night at my local scrapbook store. The class ended up going about an hour over what we were scheduled for (kind of expected this) but everyone enjoyed themselves and walked out the door with a beautiful creation that they were proud of (and that I loved too!). It was really a neat thing to see everyone creating something based on an idea that was mine and then seeing how it was that they made it their own. I love that part of the creative process and how we all have our own vision and direction. This is probably my very favorite part.

I used a Cloud 9, Board Book in a Box and we altered the boxes and the books with some acrylic paint by Making Memories, some patterned papers by Basic Grey (Sugared) and CI's Narratives (Antique Cream Collection) and then embellished with some Bazzill florals and brads, CI Phrase Stickers, Heidi Grace Phrase Stamps and some crocheted lace. There was room in the book for six 4 x 6 photos and some space for writing your own journaling (on the green strips below photos).



Page 1 and 2.



Page 3 and 4.



Page 5 and 6.



Page 7 and 8.



Page 9 and 10.



Page 11 and 12.
Kim Watson said...

Jen...the mini album is great...the colours are so soothing! I am glad the class went so well...they obviously really had fun, staying over time!
They'll be having you back in no time!

(How did Zoey's party go?)
x

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Amazing - I wish I could attend a workshop by you!

saffiertje said...

This one is so beautiful done! And so inspirationa~!!

Bobbi said...

great job Jen!! Wish I could've taken that class-it looks AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful mini-book. I don't make many but this makes me want to give it another crack.

Love the soft-colored patterned papers too.

Anonymous said...

Your mini book is Beautiful! I've never been to a class to learn how to make something.

My video was simple I used my digital camera {dd did} and then I saved it on my computer and from blogger they have where you can upload videos right to their site. Im kind of dorky as I was trying to make it more personable instead of me just sitting there. But it was fun to try I'll do it again with something else I love to do on my pages maybe in the fall.

Sat. we are heading to the fireworks at the local metro park. We go there every year with family.
cant wait it always so much fun!

Rosy said...

What a beautiful book!

Anne Thompson said...

Awesome album! Wish I was there to take the class! I haven't been to a class in ages!

DebW said...

Jen what a gorgeous book! Mini books are one of my fav's right now!

Stacy said...

So very cute. Thanks for sharing!

stephanie howell said...

just beautiful!