SOCIAL MEDIA

Just Thinking...

2.03.2008

about my little sister tonight. I got to see her about a week ago (this photo is actually one that I took over our visit at Thanksgiving) and it struck me how much it is that she has grown. It seems like for so long, whenever we've had the chance to visit it's been a tad bit awkward or uncomfortable. Each of us not exactly knowing what it is to say or what's okay to share. This time though, for whatever reason, we connected. We shared confidences and were emotionally connected, like I always imagined a sister to be. Family is so cool like that. Those waves of growth, if we're patient and give one another the space that we need so that we can each grow, then maybe, if it's timed just right, there ends up being these really cool connecting points. These points then can be leapt from and returned to, if tended to with care. Getting back to her though, I am really, really proud of her and the decisions that she's making, the choices that she's leaving open for herself to make when she sees that it is right to make them and the vision that she has about life and people and the world. It's tough being a teen-age girl these days, and she's facing things head on. Love you so much Bailey!
Anonymous said...

What a lovley young woman! So glad you connected. Me and my sister connected about 15 yrs ago and we are now bestfriends, even though we are VERY different we accepted those differences in each other. Hope someday you'll be bestfriends too!

milkcan said...

I loooooooooooove this photo! Such a character study!